- Economic Development
- Small Business Kick Start
- New Business Pitch
New Business Pitch
NEW BUSINESS PITCH
This competition is open to all Wayne County residents who have a new business (less than three years old), a new business idea, or are in the concept stage of developing a business in Wayne County. The Winner will receive a cash award to kick start their new business.
Hear what past winners have to say about the Pitch Competition: (click on photo to see video).
- 2022 winner, The Fairville Baker
- 2021 winner, Sodus Bay Outfitters
- 2020 winner, Agri-trak
- 2019 winner, Load Alone
Adult Pitch applicants must review and adhere to these following items. Terms and conditions could change.
- 2023 Adult Pitch Competition deadlines, application, and eligibility and guidelines coming soon.
If you have any questions about Adult Pitch application, contact Katie Bronson at email@example.com 315-946-5920.
RESOURCES FOR ADULT PITCH APPLICANTS
1. Sample Documents for applicants to use when preparing their business plan. NOTE: If you did not attend a live session, you must watch one of the video below and submit the Business Model Canvas*.
- *Business Model Canvas (PDF)
- Financial Statements (Excel Sheet)
- Business Resources List (PDF)
- Cash Flow Template (Excel Sheet)
2. Online SCORE workshops SCORE Workshops are free to all participants. All applicants are required to complete at least one workshop of your choice before submitting your Adult Pitch application. The first 6 Workshops will be available via Zoom.
Workshops Recorded 2022
- July 26, 2022 - Intros and the Business Model Canvas(link to recorded workshop)
- August 2, 2022 - Sales and Marketing(link to recorded workshop)
- August 9, 2022 - Accounting, Financials, and Budgeting(link to recorded workshop)
- August 16, 2022 - Insurance and Legal Entities(link to recorded workshop)
- August 23, 2022 - Banking and Pricing (link to recorded workshop)
- August 30, 2022 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM - In-depth Financial Review Wrap Up
- Insurance Needs
3. SCORE Mentors For more information on the SCORE organization or for a private consultation with a SCORE mentor, view the SCORE mentoring website.
4. The New York Small Business Development Center (NYSBDC) provides small business owners and entrepreneurs in New York with one-on-one business counseling, training, and business research. All advisement is free and confidential. For more information visit the New York Small Business Development Center website and start by making an appointment with a Certified Business Advisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the required application for any of the programs linked above, and include required documents. If proof of attendance is required for SCORE workshops, please include that documentation with your application. If required, send application fee (payable to WEDC). Payment must be sent by mail or hand-delivered to the address shown here before the deadline.
Mail or Deliver Applications & Documents to:
Wayne Economic Development Corporation
Attn: (Write in name of program)
9 Pearl Street, 2nd Floor
Lyons, NY 14489
Email Submission: If you intend to email an application and documents, all attached file types must be in PDF format under 15 MB total and labeled with your business name. Student Pitch applicants must contact Deb Hall for video submission instructions.
Once an application is received, it will be reviewed for completeness. You will be notified that it was received and if any information is missing. Please refer to FAQ or Guideline documents for further details. We ask for your patience while we carefully go through this process of reviewing and judging projects. Thank you in advance for your interest in Kick Starting your business in Wayne County.