Isolation and Quarantine Orders and Information
You Test Positive for COVID-19 (Isolate)
If You:Have a positive viral test for COVID-19, regardless of whether or not you have symptoms.
Have symptoms of COVID-19, including people who are awaiting test results or have not been tested. People with symptoms should isolate even if they do not know if they have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
- Isolation is used to separate people infected with COVID-19 from those who are not infected.
- follow the Public Health Director's Order for Isolation of a Lab Confirmed COVID-19 Case
- Monitor your symptoms and contact your health care provider for medical advice. Seek emergent care if you experience an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing).
- See more about quarantine and isolation
- See what to do if you are sick
- Tell your close contacts and household contacts to quarantine (see quarantine section below).
- AFFIRMATION OF ISOLATION(RETURN TO WORK/SCHOOL DOCUMENTS) - This form may be used for Isolation Release and for NY Paid Family Leave COVID-19 claims as if it was an individual Order for Isolation issued by Wayne County Public Health
If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19 (Quarantine)
If you:You are ages 18 or older and have received all recommended vaccine doses, including boosters and additional primary shots for some immunocompromised people.
You are ages 5-17 years and completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
You had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (you tested positive using a viral test).*
*If you tested positive for COVID-19 with a viral test within the previous 90 days and subsequently recovered and remain without COVID-19 symptoms, you do not need to quarantine or get tested after close contact. You should wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days from the date of your last close contact with someone with COVID-19 (the date of last close contact is considered day 0).
Received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine (completing the primary series) over 2 months ago and have not received a recommended booster shot.
Are not vaccinated or have not completed a primary vaccine series.
- Follow the Public Health Director's Order for Quarantine
- If a person with COVID-19 cannot isolate from a household close contact because of caregiving or other such circumstances, then the close contact would have ongoing/repeated exposures to the person with COVID-19 during their infectious period. Because of this, the contact’s last date of exposure would be the LAST day of the positive person’s isolation period and 5 additional days of quarantine would be required.
- AFFIRMATION OF QUARANTINE (RETURN TO WORK/SCHOOL DOCUMENTS) This form may be used for Quarantine Release and for NY Paid Family Leave COVID-19 claims as if it was an individual Order for Quarantine issued by the Wayne County Public Health Director.