Income Eligible Child Care Assistance
Child Care Assistance help parents/guardians who are striving to be self-sufficient by giving them choices in childcare arrangements and by helping them pay for quality childcare. Examples of individuals who might be eligible for Child Care Assistance include:
- Assist them in transitioning from temporary assistance to employment.
- Support children while their parent/guardian participates in drug, alcohol, or mental health services.
- Assist low-income, working families maintain employment by paying a portion of childcare costs.
- Assist custodians/guardians of youth.
- Assistance may be available for certain eligible parents or caretakers to enable him or her to work or attend approved educational activities.
- If you are currently a recipient of Temporary Assistance from Wayne County DSS, please call your examiner to discuss if you are eligible for Child Care Assistance.
- If you are not currently a recipient of Temporary Assistance but believe that you might want/need to apply for Temporary Assistance, please visit our TA-specific site.
- If you are not eligible to receive Temporary Assistance but still need Child Care Assistance, please click on the links below or call the Department of Social Services at 315-946-4881, Option 2, Option 4 to request a Child Care Application packet.
Complete the cover page with application OCFS-6025 and send it along with the required documents to:
Department of Social Services
Child Care Unit
77 Water St.
P.O. Box 10
Lyons, NY 14489
For assistance locating a child care provider, please visit The Child Care Council website.
For additional information on Child Care Income Guidelines and Market Rates,