Industrial Development Agency (IDA)
Our mission is to develop, promote and advance economic growth, well-being, and sustainable communities in Wayne County.
Our performance goals are set in order to meet targets presented in Wayne County's Economic Development Strategic Plan. These are reviewed and updated annually by our Board of Directors. These goals are as follows:
- Assist in the expansion and retention of existing businesses in Wayne County through business development, promotion, and financial resources.
- Proactively promote entrepreneurship through financial and technical assistance.
- Expand workforce capabilities through strong partnerships with area educational, governmental, and business leaders to promote the advancement of the County’s skill-level.
- Advance property and infrastructure improvements in the County to increase preparedness and the availability of shovel ready sites for new business development.
- Build effective partnerships with State and local economic development partners, including other counties and regional organizations to coordinate resources and promote economic development.
- Engage regional partners, site selectors, and target industry groups to promote and attract new businesses to Wayne County.
- Plan for responses to potential interruptions in the local economy including natural disasters and public health concerns through coordinate efforts at the local, state, and regional level.
- Explore the Financial Incentives page for more details.
Notice of Open Meetings
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that in compliance with the Open Meeting Laws of NYS the following public agencies and their committees herein provide notice that the board of the Wayne County Industrial Development Agency (the “WCIDA”) will conduct regularly scheduled monthly meetings consecutively, starting at 9:00 a.m. in-person at 9 Pearl Street, Lyons, New York 14489.
These meetings will be held on the following dates: January 25, 2023. Remaining 2023 dates will be determined at the January meeting.
Members of the public wishing to attend should contact the Wayne County Economic Development and Planning Dept. at 315-946-5919 prior to the meeting.
WCIDA meetings will continue to be live-streamed to the WCIDA’s YouTube, and a copy of the recorded meeting will be posted there for later viewing.
Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted to the WCIDA Agendas and Minutes.