Viewing Real Property Tax Information
Detailed information for a specific property can be viewed by clicking on the Property Owner Name in the Results Page.
The Details Page opens in your browser window with the following information listed.
- Old Property ID - the old or previous property Tax ID for the parcel of land
- New Property ID - the new property Tax ID assigned to the parcel of land
Note: The New Property ID will remain empty or blank until a new one has been assigned.
- Year - the year for which you are viewing detailed property information
- Bill Number - the bill number of the bill that was mailed to the property owner
- Status - indicates the current status of tax bill
- Name - the name of the person(s), company or group that pays the real property tax for this property. Included with the name of property owner is the billing address of where the real property tax bill is mailed.
- Property Class - the classification description of the property
- Acres - is the number of acres that the property encompasses
- Deed Book - the deed book number
- Property Location - the street, avenue, or road name of where the property is located
- Deed Page - the deed page number
- Village - the name of the village where the property resides, if applicable
- Village Telephone - the telephone number of the village office
- SWIS Code - the number to identify Towns and Villages
- School District - the school district for which the property resides
- School Telephone - the telephone number of the school district
- School District Code - the number to identify the School District
- Total Assessment - the total dollar amount of assessment including structures/land for parcel
- Land Assessment - the dollar amount for which the land is assessed
- Exemptions - list any exemptions the property owner has applied to the real property tax bill
- Amount Paid - the dollar amount paid toward the total dollar amount of real property taxes. Property owners are allowed to make two payments for real property taxes. If this is the case, two amounts with the date the payments were made will display here. Otherwise, only one amount and date are shown.
- Amount Due for Year - the total dollar amount for real property taxes due for the year displayed in the browser window. This amount includes interest and penalties, if applicable.
- Total Amount Due - the total dollar amount for real property taxes due including previous years. In many cases, this figure will be zero and the Status is Paid. If the Status is Unpaid, the amount due is shown here. This amount includes interest and penalties, if applicable.
- Bankruptcy Amount - if the Status is Bankruptcy the amount will display here. If this is not applicable, then N/A is shown.
- Number of Installments - shows the number of payments the property owner is making to pay off the real property taxes for this property as they are overdue. The Status will show Active Contract.
- Payment Due - displays the dollar amount for the next payment that is due on the contract
- Amount Overdue on Contract - displays the amount that is overdue on the active contract. The amount includes delinquent payments, interests, and penalties.
- The Billing Details section displays the following information that is relevant only to town and county assessments and taxes.
- County Assessed - the dollar amount Wayne County assessed the parcel
- County Taxable - the dollar amount that is taxable. This amount includes any exemptions that are applicable.
- County Rate - the tax rate Wayne County used for the current tax year that is displayed in the browser window.
- County Tax Amount with Exemptions - the result of multiplying the County Taxable amount by the County Rate
- County Tax Amount without Exemptions -the result of multiplying the County Assessed amount by the County Rate
- Town Assessed - the dollar amount the Town assessed the parcel
- Town Taxable - the dollar amount that is taxable. This amount includes any exemptions that are applicable.
- Town Rate - the tax rate the Town used for the current tax year that is displayed in the browser window.
- Town Tax Amount with Exemptions - the result of multiplying the Town Taxable amount by the Town Rate
- Town Tax Amount without Exemptions -the result of multiplying the Town Assessed amount by the Town Rate
- Re-levied School - the amount of school taxes charged, if applicable
- Re-levied Village - the amount of village taxes charged, if applicable
- Amount Billed - the amount that was billed to the property owner
Please Note: depending upon the Town or Village for which the property is located there may be additional taxes listed under the County and Town figures.