Local Governmental Unit
Local Governmental Units (LGUs)
The Local Governmental Units (LGUs) have a statutory responsibility under NYS Mental Hygiene Law to oversee and manage the local mental hygiene system. This is accomplished through developing, implementing, and planning services and supports for adults and children with mental illness, substance use disorder, and/or developmental disabilities.
The Wayne County Local Governmental Unit operates under NYS Mental Hygiene Law, coordinating the local provision of services for Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and services to the developmentally disabled. The Local Governmental Unit operates under the auspices of its Community Services Board to oversee and ensure the provision of preventive, habilitation, rehabilitation, and treatment services in Wayne County. Paul Pfrommer is the Chair of the Community Services Board.
- Oversight of Assisted Outpatient Treatment (Kendra's Law)
- Coordination with the NYS Office of Mental Health
- Coordination with the Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- Coordination with the Office of Persons With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
- Dispersal of NYS Funding of Mental Hygiene Services
- Oversight of Emergency Psychiatric Evaluations
- Advocacy on behalf of community mental hygiene needs
- Receipt of grievances and concerns regarding provision of mental hygiene services.
Follow these links to visit the websites of fellow agencies collaboratively supported by the Wayne County Local Governmental Unit’s Department of Mental Hygiene: